Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To the Issue of Elkdom.


I understand the exclusion of any party to any party could be viewed as...exclusionary, but here is the interesting rub - its entirely voluntary. I am not a card carrying member of the NRA (unlike the author of the previous two posts) nor do I subscribe to the notion that we have the RIGHT to harbor devices of war (especially when we all can't marry who we want) but I must hold firm to some small notion of privacy and choice. I should note that I appreciate the slippery slope that I am about to traverse. Included in the realm of reason, privacy needs to exist for no other reason than to give us a sense, no matter how fleeting and false it may be, of ownership over our choices.

The Author of this post did not chose to be a member of the NRA it was forced upon him by loving friends as a, if I say so myself, part of a hilarious "Gift Pack."
The Elks Lodge is voluntary. I am sorry that the author, Snarky, has more integrity than others and is unwilling to lie about a religious affiliation but is more than willing to "pretend" to be a juvenile captain Kirk.
I believe the real issue here is confrontation. Snarky needs to see this through the eyes of Kirk and not through the eyes of Snarky and attack the situation with unadulterated pretending.

Oh, but what about his integrity you fat people are no doubt asking? 2 Dollar Beers! Is my Answer. And for you non-fat people asking the same lame virtuous question. 5 dollar Glenlivet 12 year old Scotch. I say to you.

Private clubs are great because they spend all their time, money and effort building a world that excludes the "Riff-Raff" only to one day allow the "Riff-Raff" in. Snarky - be you agnostic or atheist, God fearing mormon, or Card carrying NRA member you know deep down in your soul that you are the "Riff-Raff." Its time to come home! Come home to the Elks!

No comments:

Post a Comment